Help or Bug?

From: Cláudia Morgado <claudia(dot)morgado(at)widesoft(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Carla Mello" <carla(dot)mello(at)widesoft(dot)com(dot)br>
Subject: Help or Bug?
Date: 2003-10-17 13:15:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

Good Morning!

My name´s Carla and I work how System Analyse in company Widesoft Sistemas.

Currently we work with the Oracle and we are studying a possible migration for the Postgre. However we are having problems to relate one different table of schemas.

It follows below the carried through stages:
(The database used is Postgres 7.1.4 for Linux)

1º) We created a database;
CREATE DATABASE DEVEL;

2º) We created two users;

CREATE USER wlog_data WITH PASSWORD 'xxx';
CREATE USER wlog_uni WITH PASSWORD 'yyy';

3º) We created two schemas and reationship with users.

CREATE SCHEMA wlog_data AUTHORIZATION wlog_data;
CREATE SCHEMA wlog_uni AUTHORIZATION wlog_uni;

4º) After, We conceded the permissions.

GRANT SELECT ON wlog_data.cr_messagetype_mul TO wlog_uni;
GRANT REFERENCES ON wlog_data.cr_messagetype_mul TO wlog_uni;

5º) Now We try to create the foreing key :

ALTER TABLE wlog_uni.cr_processload_pri ADD CONSTRAINT
FK_CR_PROCESSLOAD_CD_MESSAGE FOREIGN KEY
(CD_MESSAGE) REFERENCES wlog_data.cr_messagetype_mul
(CD_MESSAGE);

ERROR: wlog_data: permission denied

Somebody could help me?

Thanks,

Carla Mello carla(dot)mello(at)widesoft(dot)com(dot)br
Banco de Dados
Fone: (19) 3451-6300 www.widesoft.com.br