Re: Re: php as stored procedures

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: php as stored procedures
Date: 2001-01-31 18:36:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Stored procedures put LESS strain on a database.

When you send a query to postgres via PHP, postgres runs the query.

If you have a stored procedure on postgres and have PHP use that to execute
the query, you get better performance since stored procedures are (should
be) precompiled.

In both situations the db server does the work.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com