Problem with postgres installation

From: "Jim McMaster" <jim(dot)mcmaster(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with postgres installation
Date: 2006-02-17 02:31:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to use the Windows installer for postgtes-8.0.3, for Windows XP
SP 2. I had installed and de-installed it previously. The install fails,
because the postgres user is defined on the system, and I do not know the
password.

The postgres user is not visible on the Windows User Accounts panel, so I
cannot delete it that way. How can I get rid of the user so I can reinstall
postgres?

Thank you for any assistance.

--
Jim McMaster
mailto:jim(dot)mcmaster(at)comcast(dot)net