Pg_dump Help

From: "Adam Harnett" <webmaster(at)theglobalview(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pg_dump Help
Date: 2003-02-27 14:57:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm trying to dump my database data to a text-file without encoding. Can that be done?

For example, "Hello world" gets exported/dumped out as \223Hello world\224. I have no idea what kind of encoding that is and how to decode it.

I'm trying to migrate from PostgreSQL to MySQL because that works much faster with phpBB2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Adam