Re: PostgreSQL/PHP: transactions: how-to abstract out?

From: "Rick Gigger" <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL/PHP: transactions: how-to abstract out?
Date: 2003-01-10 07:16:07
Lists: pgsql-general

So let me get straight the behavior that you want. You want all of the
queries executed in a single request to automatically be included in one
transaction that is commited at the end of the script? You don't ever want
to have to decide when things should and shouldn't be grouped together in a
transaction?

I don't think using persistent connections has anything to do with this
problem (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but what are the "inherent
dangers" you see in using them (I'm just curious).

thanks,

Rick