Re: Help using pgfsck

From: "Vilson farias" <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <ricardo(dot)klava(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>, "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help using pgfsck
Date: 2003-04-16 17:59:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I found a way to fix this kind of database corruption. It seems only
invalid tuples cause database shutdown. I just did a lot of selects until I
found all of these tuples(just 1 in this case). After deletion of invalid
records my database is running again :).

Just in case, I'm dumping/restoring the entire database to make sure new
one doesn't has any problems.

I would like to thanks people that helped me, especially Mr. Oosterhout
who gave me a lot of valuable information.

Mr. Alex B, datetime type really existis (at least here in my PostgreSQL
7.1.2). Maybe it's an alias for timestamp type, but I'm not sure.

Best regards.