Re: [ADMIN] problem starting 2 postmasters on sun solaris2.6

From: John Uhlig <juhlig(at)parc(dot)xerox(dot)com>
To: reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] problem starting 2 postmasters on sun solaris2.6
Date: 2000-02-11 14:11:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks Ross.

I don't think its a swap issue since we have over 1GB available.

> The examples all assume one postmaster. You probably need to double
> some of those numbers.

I believe you are right about this - I have seen some references about
modifying the values in /etc/system, but was hoping to find more specific
documentation. I will try some further experiments and have an alternate
plan if that doesn't work.

John Uhlig