Seeking advice on database table design for storing images

From: chris(dot)gamble(at)CPBINC(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seeking advice on database table design for storing images
Date: 2003-02-07 16:18:56
Lists: pgsql-general

I am working on an application that will store images with every product
ordered from a given company. Doing this type of application on other
databases, I have always been told to use a seperate table for the image
store. Doing this has given me the table designs listed below. My question
is: Is it within the design of postgres 7.3 to store 30k to 1mb images in a
bytea field, and if so can the two tables below be joined into a single
table without suffering adverse effects?

TABLE - tdatInvoiceLineItems
invoiceid int8
productid int4
quantityordered int4