Re: BUG #4096: PG 8.3.1. confused about remaining disk space

From: "J6M" <j6m(at)adm(dot)estp(dot)fr>
To: "J6M" <j6m(at)adm(dot)estp(dot)fr>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #4096: PG 8.3.1. confused about remaining disk space
Date: 2008-04-10 10:32:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

After further investigations, it seems the second hypothesis is correct.
This particular DB was created with "with OIDs" as default.

The script I was using had no SET for this option and it creates a few
temporary tables (which are quite small in size as they are created by
SELECT .. INTO TEMP TABLE .. FROM .. GROUP BY .., so they are smaller than
their origins).

Adding SET default_with_oids = true to the script seems to solve the
problem.

Also, when run with the former releases, AUTOVACUUMING was off. Now it is
on.

Regards
J6M