postgres session termination

From: "Rick Schumeyer" <rschumeyer(at)ieee(dot)org>
To: "'PgSql General'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres session termination
Date: 2005-01-31 02:24:04
Lists: pgsql-general

I think this is a common task, but I'm not sure how to do it.

I want to run a query that can return many records, display them

10 at a time, and be able to go forward/backward in the list. I'm

not concerned about the list changing after the initial query.

I'm accessing this via a php web page. I'm thinking that maybe

the best way to do this, other than re-running the query each time,

is to put the results into a temporary table. I think this will work

if I never call "disconnect" from the php script. My question is,

when does my Postgres session end? Is there a timeout?

Of course, if this is a really bad way to do this, I'm willing to

learn a better way!

Thanks!