Re: Inserting Data

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, Postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inserting Data
Date: 2006-08-23 22:51:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Tom

But my problem with this solution comes whan I try to qualify with a
'where' clause.
For instance -
----
create or replace function loop_association() returns trigger as $$
begin

insert into p_id.loops (monitor) values (new.devices_id)
where new.device_number = library.devices.device_number
and library.devices.type_ = 'mon' ;

return null ;
end ;
$$ language plpgsql ;

create trigger loop after insert on p_id.devices
for each row execute procedure loop_association();
----
Gives me an error.

What am I doing wrong?

Bob