Another plpgsql question..

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Another plpgsql question..
Date: 2001-01-23 15:22:39
Lists: pgsql-general

CREATE FUNCTION invoice_payment() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN

UPDATE invoice_master SET total = total - NEW.amount,updated = now(),
is_paid=(CASE WHEN (total - NEW.amount) = 0.00 THEN ''t'' ELSE ''f'' END)
WHERE invoice_id = NEW.invoice_id;

RETURN NEW;

END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Ok, thanks for the heads up on now().. That works but I add the last part of
the query in there and everything but the last part works.. Can I not do
CASE WHEN statements in functions like that? That query works when I run it
straight from psql but so did the other, so I'm wondering if the same kind
of problem is happening here too..

Thanks!

-Mitch