PostgreSQL DBA Position w/ Mozy

From: "Tracy Dragas" <tracy(at)mozy(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA Position w/ Mozy
Date: 2007-08-16 22:29:14
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Please post/blast this position out to the PostgreSQL user community.

PostgreSQL DBA

We're basically looking for our own in-house Tom Lane (Tom, just name your
price ;).

Our grocery list:
--Several years of hands-on experience administering and tuning Postgres
databases.
--Deep understanding of Postgres internals and how to maximize performance.
--Extensive experience with database replication (PITR and Slony) and
partitioning.
--Ability to intuitively know what query path the planner will follow
without needing to run explain.
--All kinds of awesome.

Some of the things we will be looking for.
--BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or
equal related work experience
--Experience with MS SQL and PostgreSQL required.
--Minimum of 5 years of work experience in database administration.
PostgreSQL Database Administration required. MSCE in MS SQL Database
Administration a plus.
--Advanced scripting experience using Python, Perl or Ruby preferred.
--Experience with intranet and Internet technologies a must.
--Experience with data modeling methodology and tools a plus.
--Experience with Linux and Unix operating systems required.

Berkeley Data Systems is the global leader in online data backup for home
and business. As creators of the award-winning Mozy and MozyPro backup
solutions, Berkeley Data provides affordable data protection services to
more than 230,000 customers worldwide.

In early 2005, Josh Coates founded the company with the mission to backup
every computer worldwide. In order to build an infrastructure to support
millions of people, a reliable, multi-petabyte storage architecture was
needed. Coates went to work on the bleeding edge of development in petabyte
technology and built a system that has reinvented large scale storage.

In November 2005, the company quietly opened Mozy.com for service.
Immediately, bloggers discussed the new free online backup service and by
the spring of 2006, PC Magazine awarded Mozy the Editors Choice Award for
best remote backup.

In December 2006, Mozy came out of beta and introduced its unlimited
capacity online backup offering. The service met high demand as it received
positive reviews from Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal, David Pogue
of The New York Times, Brian Bergstein of the Associate Press, Jim Martin of
PC World, and Consumer Bob of NBC.

Within 90 days following the launch of the MozyPro backup solution for
business in early 2007, the company announced a global contract to backup
350,000 desktops, laptops and small servers for GE, the second largest
company in the world. Today, more than 5,000 businesses backup with MozyPro.

We have a casual-dress office, great benefits, and a comfortable work
environment. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team.

Berkeley Data Systems
American Fork, Utah
www.mozy.com
Email us at HR(at)Mozy(dot)com