Re: plpgsql equivalent to plperl $_SHARED and plpythonu global dictionary GD?

From: "Zlatko Matic" <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: "hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plpgsql equivalent to plperl $_SHARED and plpythonu global dictionary GD?
Date: 2007-07-10 12:29:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello.
OK. I created a new table that holds information about rows inserted/updated in a transaction.
I realized that after row-level trigger fires always before after statement-level trigger.
Therefore I can use row-level triger to populate the auxiliary table which holds information about affected rows, so that after statement-level trigger can read that information.
It works and is fast enough.
So, I emulated NEW and OLD for statement level trigger:)
Regards,

Zlatko