Re: Re: Re: Need for newbie friendly docs (was Newbie struggling...)

From: "Clayton Vernon" <cvernon(at)enron(dot)com>
To: "Joel Burton" <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>, "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Geoff Caplan" <geoff(at)productivity(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Need for newbie friendly docs (was Newbie struggling...)
Date: 2001-04-26 19:51:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Joel-

In all fairness, there aren't any good HTML-based Unix tutorials. I've
looked for them. In particular, Sun is worthless here, curious since their
Java tutorial is (IMO) really well done.

I'm hoping PostgreSQL is MORE stable than Oracle in our Solaris environment.
The massive CPU/disk footprint of Oracle generates reliability errors in our
databases which I hope can be avoided in a leaner package.

This marvelous mailing list really gives me confidence.

Clayton