Supported Encoding

From: "Tony Nakamura" <tony(at)uickarate(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Supported Encoding
Date: 2000-07-08 03:35:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello people,

I need answers to a simple question that I couldn't find the definite answer
for:
Does Postgresql support only EUC? Basically, I am trying to save
international
fonts to Postgresql, so I'm trying to find out what exactly I need to do.
It seems like it works fine when I am using PHP to insert/retrieve data
without
any encoding conversions. I think my Postgresql was not specified any
special
encoding at the time of make. Do I need to convert everything EUC before
I store data, and do why would I need to do that?

Thanks in advance!!

Tony