DriverManager.setLoginTimeout question

From: "kangch" <kang-c(at)idnet(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DriverManager.setLoginTimeout question
Date: 2003-04-10 06:01:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

According to JDBC API, DriverManager.setLoginTimeout methos is
Sets the maximum time in seconds that a driver will wait while attempting to
connect to a database

I am testing this method "setLoginTimeout(3) -> 3 seconds"

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
DriverManager.setLoginTimeout(3);
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
"jdbc:postgresql://test:5432/test1",
"test2",
"test3");

but, it's not working...
It takes about 2 minutes or 3 minutes, if the postgreSQL is not exist
I want to know that setLoginTimeout is work or not work in postgreSQL.

If you know another method, please answer to me the solution...
I want to receive more quickly to the postgreSQL, if postgreSQL is not
exist.

Cheers

Kang