Re: Re: PostreSQL SQL for MySQL SQL

From: "Dan Wilson" <phpPgAdmin(at)acucore(dot)com>
To: "John Burski" <John(dot)Burski(at)911ep(dot)com>, "Chuck Esterbrook" <echuck(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PostreSQL SQL for MySQL SQL
Date: 2001-02-06 20:34:01
Lists: pgsql-general

: I think it's still a good idea to provided the "if exists" clause in a
: future PostgreSQL version for these reasons:
: 1. it's convenient
: 2. it doesn't interfere with existing functionality or
performance
: 3. it makes porting from MySQL to PostgreSQL easier

I second this! It should probably be easy functionality to add (although
I'm no C guru and definetly don't know the ins and out of postgres). I've
made an equivalent in PHP, but it would be much easier if I could use it
within pgsql dump/import scripts. Plus it requires an additional call to the
database.

-Dan