Re: tar.z or rpms - newbie question

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: "PostGresql List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tar.z or rpms - newbie question
Date: 2000-10-11 13:04:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Actually, I would say Apache and Postgres don't rely on each other. If you
install Apache as RPM, definitely install PHP as an RPM (along with the
php-pgsql rpm package).

If can compile all three from source, I would recommend it... especially so
you can use PHP 4. I and some other people have had issues now and again of
syncing postgres 7, php 4, and apache rpms.

I compiled it all and it ended up much better... for good info on compiling
PHP and Apache, go to www.php.net. (The wrox book PHP Programming is
invaluable also.)

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer