query works in psql, but not thru JDBC

From: "Arsalan Zaidi" <azaidi(at)directi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query works in psql, but not thru JDBC
Date: 2001-06-05 10:52:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi.

I'm running this query, which is constructed from parameters passed to a
function.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE userid = 4 ORDER BY name LIMIT 20 OFFSET 0

When I run it from the command line inpsql, It works just fine, but when I
run it using the Postgresql JDBC driver (executeQuery()), I get this error

Err Mesg : ERROR: Attribute users.name must be GROUPed or used in an
aggregate function

SQL State : NULL
Error Code : 0

Why does it work from the command line and not through JDBC?

Thanks in advance.

--Arsalan.