Re: The database system is in recovery mode

From: "Iavor Raytchev" <pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The database system is in recovery mode
Date: 2002-11-10 14:14:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

Before the crash is this one -

FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already

Then there is a mixture of three messages -

IpcSemaphoreLock: semop(id=-1) failed: Invalid argument

DEBUG: pq_flush: send() failed: Bad file descriptor

NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

Shall we simply restart? Are there anywhere advices how to handle if too
many clients try to connect?

Iavor