Re: Alternate Database Location.

From: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Namrata" <nlabade(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>, "postgres" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Alternate Database Location.
Date: 2001-06-19 08:32:25
Lists: pgsql-general

From: "Namrata" <nlabade(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>

> Hi,
>
> In the postgreSQL document, there is mentioned about the Alternate
Database Location.
> Could I know about it, when this Alternate Database Location will be used
by the backend? In case of the default database location crash, will the
> backedn will look for the Alternate Database Location?

This is for *you* to specify where you want a specific database stored. So -
each user could have a database stored in their home directory.

It has nothing to do with errors / error recovery.

HTH

- Richard Huxton