Re: SQL Functions vs PL/PgSQL

From: "Johnny Kristensen" <johnnybo1(at)mail(dot)tele(dot)dk>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL Functions vs PL/PgSQL
Date: 2003-02-14 09:12:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Of course what I meant was if postgres stores execution plans for queries in user-defined SQL functions. From the docs I can see that PL/PgSQL uses the SPI-interface to create and store execution plans for queries for each connection. But I'll use the PREPARE function like Thomasz Myrta suggested.

/Johnny