Re: csv import error

From: "FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)" <farjad(dot)farid(at)checknetworks(dot)com>
To: "'Eugenio Trumpy'" <frippe12573(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: csv import error
Date: 2014-09-23 11:03:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Quotation marks should be around both the name of
each and every column and their values.

As the columns names are all lower case. You may
wish to remove all quotation marks which is much
easier.

But character value needs quotation mark.

Also replace the semi-column as column separation
character with commas for sql insert statement.

What has happened here is that the values from CSV
are directly inserted into sql. It needs a little
bit of extra work.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Farjad Farid