From: "Gagan" <gdgupta(at)enfinet(dot)net>
To: "postgresql admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2000-06-12 19:44:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have set up Postgre database on my linux OS. It is working fine. The
problem is that i have created a user suppose 'gagan'.
Now what changes should i make in the pg_hba.conf and pg_shadow files
inorder to make password authentification for 'gagan' while accessing the
database from local unix socket.

presently i have following line in my pg_hba.conf file :
local all trust

regards
Gagan.