Re: [GENERAL] Other user access to database

From: "Bryan White" <bryan(at)arcamax(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Other user access to database
Date: 1998-12-08 21:56:19
Lists: pgsql-general

>Now that I have a database functional, I need to allow other users
>to have access. Using createuser I can give other users access to
>the postmaster, but I need to give them access to my database as well.
>
>Could someone enlighten me.

Access to tables is controled with the Grant and Revoke SQL statements.

>From memory try:
grant OPERATION on TABLENAME to USER;

where

OPERATION is one of SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT or ALL for all
operations.

TABLENAME is a comma separated list of tables.

USER is a comma separated list of users or the keyword PUBLIC.