Re: Spaawn another process

From: "YC Nyon" <ycnyon(at)pd(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Spaawn another process
Date: 2002-11-06 06:09:04
Lists: pgsql-php

In my PHP page, I need to run a external program to insert map data into
Postgresql. However, the process is very slow (can be 10 mins). How do I
return a webpage telling the user that the process is running and permits
the user to browse the other parts of the web application.

My idea is to run the "exec();" after the </html> tag. Would that be the
way?

TIA
Nyon