Re: Database Synchronization

From: "Jyoti Seth" <jyotiseth2001(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Chris Browne'" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database Synchronization
Date: 2007-07-23 09:25:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

When I am installing slony-I from rpm's available at the following
url:http://main.slony.info/downloads/1.2/rpm/ it is giving an error: There
are no installable providers of postgresql-slony1-engine.

In our system postgresql has been installed through YAST. So when we try to
install and configure slony-I through source, it gives the message please
make sure tp build and install postgresql from the sources first.

I am new to both linux and postgres. Please help me in installing and
configuring slony-I on my suse linux m/c.

Thanks,
Jyoti Seth