Large Tables

From: "Waldomiro" <wmiro(at)ig(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Large Tables
Date: 2004-08-11 12:15:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

It's my first time working with PostgreSql, so I have some doubts.

My application is working very fine, but I have few records in my tables.

I need to build a table which I know will have more than 1 milion of records.

I'm afraid if It will work, I mean the indexes will not get corrupted ?

Or maybe it can get slower when every computer is reading the table ?

I supose someone has already worked with large tables.

How is It ?

There is something I would know ? because I don't want to have surprises.

Your sugestions will be very useful.

Thank you.

SHX INFORMÁTICA LTDA.
Waldomiro Caraiani