Universal libpq.a ?

From: Jerry LeVan <jerry(dot)levan(at)eku(dot)edu>
To: pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Universal libpq.a ?
Date: 2008-02-04 15:35:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am trying to bring one of my Cocoa based Postgresql browsers
up to date.

I would like to create a "universal", ie works on PPC and Intel
Macintosh
platforms, version of the application.

I guess the initial task would be to build a universal version of
libpq.a.

In the past I have created simple universal (command line) apps by
adding

CFLAGS=-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -arch ppc
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch ppc -
arch i386

to the make file and adding an environmental variable
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
Has anyone built a universal libpq.a?
Which make files should I target for modification?

Thanks for any pointers :)

Jerry