PostgreSQL JDBC Driver versus Encoding

From: João Paulo Pires <Joao(dot)Pires(at)iscte(dot)pt>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL JDBC Driver versus Encoding
Date: 2007-10-19 22:43:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I have a PostgreSQL database which encoding is SQL_ASCII.

I inserted information into that database from a MySQL database, using Java
code, which encoding is UTF-8, and the information in the destination
database has some strange characters related with encoding problems.

There is any additional parameter that we can consider in the PostrgreSQL
connection string to deal with those problems?

The problem should be related with the encoding used to connect to MySQL
database?

Best regards,

João Paulo Pires

Developer