Warning - virus alert relating to the pgadmin list.

From: "Thomas Sandford" <thomas(at)paradisegreen(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Warning - virus alert relating to the pgadmin list.
Date: 2002-05-22 17:55:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

A heads up that I received an email with a virus attachment today purporting
to come from Dave Page (NB -it did not in fact come from him - this is a
stealth feature of this virus/worm). It therefore seems likely that someone
on the list is infected with the virus in question, Win32.Klez.H

(see http://www3.ca.com/virus/virus.asp?ID=11779 for 3rd party (Computer
Associates) information on this virus/worm).

This is a particularly nasty beastie, making uses of Mime Type
vulnerabilities in unpactched Outlook Express to open attachments without
doing any more than viewing the message.

I would therefore urge all list members to be particularly vigilant about
opening unexpected emails from correspondents on the list, also to ensure
that virus scanners are up-to-date, and IE/OE patches are up to date.

--
Thomas Sandford | thomas(at)paradisegreen(dot)co(dot)uk