mV database tools

From: "Arthur(at)LinkLine(dot)com" <arthur(at)linkline(dot)com>
To: "PostGreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: mV database tools
Date: 2002-05-02 07:05:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Team,

I've read your comments. No, I don't think that MVD's are the best thing since sliced bread....but they do have a certain "simplicity" that seems to hold the key to high speed analysis of large volumes of streaming data from the "eyes" of a robot. This stream of data must be quickly analyzed and subdivided into recognizable objects...I realize this area is wide open to debate...however....an MVD might at least offer a "useful" theoretical "angle" in a "pre-PostGreSQL" stage of processing...just a thought...