How to transfer from place to plase without backup/restore

From: "Hristo Filipov" <christod(at)ciela(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to transfer from place to plase without backup/restore
Date: 2007-10-23 08:23:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Is it possible to transfer database from one place to another without making
backup from the source and restore at the target?

I mean I want to copy the files as they are at the source to the target?
What else I must do, so I can attach them to the target PostgreSQL database?

Also I'm creating stored procedure and it is returning me recordset, but I
can't named it, it gets random names - Unnamed Recordset <number>. Is there
a way to name give a specific name to this recordset?

Hristo Filipov