Hide column in a view?

From: "Juliet May" <jmay(at)speark(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Hide column in a view?
Date: 2003-04-16 15:43:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is it possible to hide a column in a view so that it is only accessible to
postgresql and no other application. We are syncing a view in postgresql
with an application that does not allow you to create a column with the name
oid, however the psqlodbc driver requires the oid column in order to sync
with the postgresql database. Since the view does not contain the oid or
ctid column I selected them as part of the view definition. This works great
until we try to download the database and create it on the mobile
application.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Julie