non superuser creating flat files

From: "Terri Reid" <treid(at)bct-solutions(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: non superuser creating flat files
Date: 2007-08-13 14:23:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I have data that is being updated in a table that I need to export to a flat
file via a database trigger on insert or update. The user performing the
update will not be a superuser. I've tried to use COPY TO, but that doesn't
work for non-superusers. Is there some other functionality that can write
out flat files? I'm looking for something similar to the Oracle UTL file
functionality, as ideally I'd want to append the data to an existing file
and be able to manipulate the data before I wrote it out.

Thanks

Terri

Terri Reid

BCT Software Solutions