Re: And to make things even better...

From: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: "Adriaan Joubert" <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: And to make things even better...
Date: 2000-04-19 19:17:55
Lists: pgsql-general

> > /var/lib/pgsql reports that we're running 6.3 - which I don't find on
the
> > FTP site. Is that not a valid distribution number, or is the source
not
> > available?
>
> Oh, I remember running 6.3. That was a looong time ago. Current version
is
> 6.5.3 and 7.0 is about to be released. I would very much recommend an
upgrade,
> although you may want to wait for 7.0 to be released. I've been migrating
> stuff accross to 7.0 RC1 (release candidate) and it is pretty solid and a
vast
> improvement on 6.3!

I'd also like to do an upgrade - however, I've never done an upgrade
before, there was a death in the family this morning, all of the
programmers are dead in the water until this is fixed, and we can't go to
the beta version just yet. So, I was hoping to have a fairly quick-fix for
this.

sigh.... what a day. : )

steve