Re: enums

From: "Cristian Prieto" <cristian(at)clickdiario(dot)com>
To: "'Andrew Dunstan'" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, <tshipley(at)deru(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: enums
Date: 2005-10-28 01:35:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What about use the declaration order as the enum order?, for example: if I
declare something like: "CREATE ENUM hola ('item1', 'item3', 'item2');"
-this is just assuming an hypothetical approach to use enum types in this
way- and the logical order of the items could be 'item1', 'item3', 'item2'
just because the user decided to create them in this way.

Well, that's just an idea...