identity columns ?

From: "Chris" <chris(at)netlabz(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: identity columns ?
Date: 2002-04-04 21:24:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

Two questions -

1. M$ SQL Server has an identity column which generates a sequential number
for you, we use this often for unique primary keys. Does postgres support
anything like this ?

2. We're using pg-admin to work with postgres. It doesn't seem possible to
modify tables in pg-admin once you've created them, you have to delete and
add. Is there another pg client that supports modifying tables ?

Tia,
Chris