error starting PostgreSQL

From: "Krzysztof Socki" <ksocki(at)onyx(dot)pl>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: error starting PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-01-08 12:27:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello! I was searching the archives of the site and I've found many posts
concerning problems with starting the postmaster, but noone reported such a
message:
StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannot assign requested address
I'm trying to use TCP/IP connection on port 5432. No other proceses use this
port. I've also tried other port - no effect. Can you help?

K. Socki
ksocki(at)onyx(dot)pl