Function Permissions

From: "Telecontrol Networking" <pglist(at)telecontrol(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Function Permissions
Date: 2003-10-25 17:11:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I really need that a FUNCTION runs allways with this creator/owner permissions, and not with the user permission.

In other words, my FUNCTION must execute several procedures as POSTGRES superuser, and the tables its needs access/insert/delete/update has no permissions to normal user. Only calling my FUNCTION the normal user can do that, and never updating or deleting directly over the tables.

Any idea ?

Marco Túlio Oliveira
IT-Manager
www.telecontrol.com.br