Re: RPM RH9.0 conflict with unixODBC

From: "Sander Steffann" <steffann(at)nederland(dot)net>
To: "Lamar Owen" <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>, "Gaetano Mendola" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Steve Wampler" <swampler(at)noao(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: RPM RH9.0 conflict with unixODBC
Date: 2003-11-26 00:56:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

It turns out that preventing RH9 from building the debuginfo package also
prevented it from stripping the binaries. This was what caused the big
difference in filesize. I have rebuilt the RPMs for RH9 and put them on
http://opensource.nederland.net/.

I had to make a small modification to the specfile (again) because it seems
that macro's work differently for each RPM / RedHat version. There have been
no other changes to the sources or specfile, so the end-result is the same.

Sorry for the inconvenience I caused by disabling the debuginfo package!
Sander.