Performance question related with temporary tables

From: "Vilson farias" <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Performance question related with temporary tables
Date: 2002-05-08 13:09:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

I've been testing some queries and I have a question : Is there a way to put a index in a temporary table? I have a query that does a join from a table and a temporary table and this join is done with a very long sequencial scan because the temporary table aparently hasn't any index. I would like to know how can I deal with this kind of situation.

Best Regards,

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Software Engineer

Dígitro Tecnologia Ltda - www.digitro.com.br
APC - Customer Oriented Applications
E-mail: vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br
Tel.: +55 48 281 7158
ICQ 11866179