Re: JVM & JDBC Upgrade --- Help !!

From: "Craig Golby" <craig(dot)golby(at)dignitas(dot)ltd(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JVM & JDBC Upgrade --- Help !!
Date: 2011-09-22 23:16:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Craig, danap, thanks for the steer. I guess what is confusing me is that it
works for pg73jdbc3 and fails when I switch it for postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4

I have added a load of Sys Outs to try and figure out the location of the
error, the code is pasted below.

When I run this on the pg73jdbc3 Driver, so the existing solution, I get ..

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : columnCount = 5

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : rowCount = 3

and of course there are multiple loops of the sysouts in the While loops.

However when I run it using the postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4, it spools out the
following and then stops working.

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : columnCount = 5

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : rowCount = 0

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : b4 while

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : in while

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : in 2nd while

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : r = 0

credability:Bean:reports:ataglance - starting getCurrent : c = 0

So either the query is returning no data or the getFetchSize isnt working
properly.

Thoughts ??

CODE SNIPPET .

if(conn != null)

{ try

{ pStmt = conn.prepareStatement(stmtStringSel);

pStmt.clearParameters();

rsID = pStmt.executeQuery();

//Set up the Array

ResultSetMetaData rsmd = rsID.getMetaData();

int columnCount = rsmd.getColumnCount();

int rowCount = rsID.getFetchSize();

rsCurrentreturn = new String[rowCount][columnCount];

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : columnCount = " +
columnCount);

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : rowCount = " +
rowCount);

int r=0;

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : b4 while");

while(rsID.next())

{ System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : in while");

int c=0;

int rsc=1;

while (rsc <= columnCount)

{ System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : in 2nd
while");

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : r = " + r);

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : c = " + c);

rsCurrentreturn[r][c] = rsID.getString(rsc);

c++;

rsc++;

}

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : r++");

r++;

}

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : pStmt CLose");

pStmt.close();

}catch(SQLException se) {se.printStackTrace();}

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : Done");

}

stmtStringSel = "";

closeConnection();

System.out.println(sysOut + "starting getCurrent : Connection closed");

}

{ pStmt = conn.prepareStatement(stmtStringSel);

pStmt.clearParameters();

rsID = pStmt.executeQuery();

//Set up the Array

ResultSetMetaData rsmd = rsID.getMetaData();

int columnCount = rsmd.getColumnCount();

int rowCount = 7;

rsOpened = new String[rowCount][columnCount];

int r=0;

while(rsID.next())

{ int c=0;

int rsc=1;

while (rsc <= columnCount)

{ rsOpened[r][c] = rsID.getString(rsc);

Is the above line where the exception is thrown from? You didn't provide
full exception context.

If so, check and make sure the column count reported by `getColumnCount'
matches what you expect and what the old driver provided. Compare it to the
table. Compare the column-list metadata output from the old and new drivers
to see which column(s) have appeared/disappeared.

--
Craig Ringer