unions on views (workaround?)

From: "Paulo Parola" <pgsql(at)brazilinfo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: unions on views (workaround?)
Date: 2001-02-20 16:52:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am currently porting a database from MS Access to PostgreSQL. I have many views and occasionally some UNIONS among these VIEWS.

I have to keep PostgreSQL 7.0.2 for the moment (that's what my ISP provides).

So I need to know if anyone has any suggestions about how to simulate a union among two views with SQL (I don't want to put this inteligence into the application).

TIA,

Paulo Parola
pgsql(at)brazilinfo(dot)com