Technical Suggestion Pl. Clarrify.

From: "sathya" <sathya(at)irora(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Technical Suggestion Pl. Clarrify.
Date: 2001-05-02 04:36:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am working as Software Architect in malaysia.

I am facing a problem while i am calling a stored procedure in the Select Statement.

Here's my problem,

My Table structure is,

Table Name - Country

CountryID Int
CountryName Char

My Query is ,

Select countryId, countryName, getCountry(countryname,"XX") from Country

getCountry(name as String , value as string)
{
getcountry = name & value
}

Kindly suggest me will this SELECT QUERY works.

If possible kindly get me any alternate methods to get it done.

My platforms are

Visual Basic, SQL server.

Anxiously Waiting for your reply.

Thanks a million,