Re: ERROR: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called before any query

From: "David Wall" <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called before any query
Date: 2001-04-22 00:04:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> ERROR: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called before any query
> NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block

Oops. Sorry. It looks like it was a bug in the connection pool class that
I've been magically using for a couple of years now. Apparently the usage
just never ran into the problem, or there's a difference in the Tomcat
servlet engine I'm using that was driving the database. The code was
reusing the connection for all pool calls from the same thread.

David