Can't delete Null value from a not null field

From: "Bryan White" <bryan(at)arcamax(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Can't delete Null value from a not null field
Date: 2000-05-23 20:28:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a very simple table defined as
CREATE TABLE custlist (
listid int4 NOT NULL,
custid int4 NOT NULL);

Somehow a record has gotten into the table with both values null. When I
try to delete using
delete from custlist where custid is null;
or
delete from custlist where listid is null;
I get the output:
ERROR: ExecutePlan: (junk) `ctid' is NULL!
I get the same error if I try to update the null row.

At this point I figured I would outsmart it and use the oid. However it
appears the oid is null as well.

Any suggestions? At this point the only thing I can see to do is dump the
table and run the dump through a filter for the bad record and then reload
it.

This is all being done on 6.5.3.

BTW the database is dumped and loaded onto a backup machine nightly. The
load of this table is failing because of the null row.