Can't find ipc-daemon on latest cygwin install

From: "Carl Youngblood" <carl(at)youngbloods(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't find ipc-daemon on latest cygwin install
Date: 2003-07-21 02:31:08
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm stuck trying to install Postgres on Windows because I downloaded the
latest cygwin and it doesn't have ipc-daemon. Just to make sure that I
didn't leave out a package, I installed everything. There was a package
called "cygipc" but it now installs a file called ipc-daemon2. I tried
running that, thinking that it might still work with postgres, but I get a
DLL linking error. ipc-daemon2 (as it is currently shipping with cygwin) is
incompatible with the cygwin dll.

Has anybody had this problem, and what did you do about it?

I don't know about you guys, but after being an avid MySQL fan and seeing
how easy it is to install and set it up on both Windows and Linux, I think
that having a packaged one-click installation for postgres on windows would
be an incredible boon to the postgres community and would go a long way
towards making it easier to adopt.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carl Youngblood