Trouble loading Perl modules from postgresql.conf

From: "Chris Greenhill" <chrisg(at)oxxfordinfo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trouble loading Perl modules from postgresql.conf
Date: 2011-04-20 16:09:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm having difficulty pre-loading Perl modules and my own libraries. When I
edit something like this into the postgresql.conf:

custom_variable_classes = 'plperl'

plperl.on_init = 'use MyModule;'

and restart the server it doesn't seem to load the modules (they don't
appear in %INC and my functions error out). Is there something else I need
to do? I'm using server 9.0.4 on a WinXP system with Perl 5.10.

Thanks for any help

-Chris